Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cheer~Clap~but please "don't".....

Good Tuesday Morning! Ladies I do not want to complain about anything! but this morning I just want to vent on one of my pet peeves! The baseball season is in full swing~ I have all 4 of these on a field all week! I am trying to work on my schedule so that I can watch them play~ and not wear myself out! On to my thought this morning about these games and how parents act! I do not want to hurt any ones feelings but I have already saw some parents really act up enough that it just makes you not even want to go. These parents "scream and belittle" their child in front of every one, and I just wonder if the child can really hear them, for  their sakes I hope they can't! And to top it all off, some parents scream profanity at the umpires, for making a bad call! Just so you will know ~ what I think that your child sees and hears is that their parent is not showing what the kids are taught and that is a good attitude" win or lose"! You know I want to relate this to Christ in some way and that is I think,  what ever and where ever that our actions must reflect Christ! if one professes to be a Christan. Please for the sake of your child display actions that speak to them and then it will spill over to the audience! so~ if we all want to support, love, and cheer on our child make it words of encouragement! For this Pleases God! 
PS~ Thanks for listening!(forgive me if I offened anyone!)

*SO WE MAKE IT OUR GOAL TO PLEASE HIM, WHETHER WE ARE AT HOME IN THE BODY OR AWAY FROM IT. 2nd Cor. 5:9{NIV}.

3 comments:

  1. Hithere,None of my grands are in sports so I haven't had to deal with this but as a mom, nana and former teacher it would be hard for me to hear parents with less than encouraging words. I guess prayer is the only answer. You keep shining for Jesus.
    Hugs today. Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I agree, I agree! My son played from the time he was 4 until 17. Heard so many things I wished I hadn't during those years. I would get so upset. My son would always tell me it didn't bother him, but I think it really did. Sad to say I am glad those days are over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely agree! Have seen many a parent freak out when their child does less than the parent thinks they should. What an absolute shame~ and the sadder thing is many of the parents that have been on display have been "Christians". I will be praying for you as you try to divide yourself.
    Blessings,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete