Thursday, June 10, 2010

A LONG, LONG "CRUISE"

Good Thursday Morning to you, Well we just are coming out of one of the worst rain storms we've had in a long time. My living room got really wet again! Its just about half of my floor tho; this has not been the first time, in the 30 yrs. that I've lived here. But I am not going to complain because my head is dry!!, and the pictures on TV of the surrounding areas look devastated with water!! So this is the time once again to just drag the wet/dry vac. out and "suck" the wet carpet, and keep praising God that the only thing that gets wet is my feet! You know I was just kinda wondering what Noah 's thoughts was when the water kept rising? and can your thoughts go deep enough to just imagine for a moment that the rain kept falling for 40 days and nights! Wow! we just had like 2 inches every hour for about 5 hrs. non-stop! and believe me it was a lot of water. As I was reading in scripture this morning is that Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God, and in chapter 6 of Genesis v. 22, it states that Noah did everything just as God commanded him. WOW! what a man!!; in a side note in my bible a little story entitled " A Long, Long Cruise" says that this is a cruise that a lot of us is not willing to sign up for; cabin fever, sea-sickness, personality conflicts, and wondering about their qualifications to be zoo-keepers are just some of the battles Noah and his family likely endured during their "cruise". but the story doesn't end there; Genesis 9 begins with these words: "God Blessed Noah...." Anyway just some random thoughts this morning stirring around in my spirit! What thoughts are you experiencing this morning "deep within"?

" NEVER FORGET THIS "CRUISE"! AND THANK GOD FOR THE "RAINBOW"!

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9:13(NIV).

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kay, So sorry to hear about your rain and the water coming in. This year we had water come into our basement but luckily hubby found it before it sat for days and days.
    Love your analogy though-we do need to look for rainbows around the storms.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a good attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanking God it was only your floor! Praise God for shop vacs~ I say thank the Lord for rainbows too...they show He has not forgotten us!
    Blessings,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kay,
    Just noticed this older post and was blessed by your thoughts and godly attitude. It is so interesting to think about how the men and women of the Bible handled the trials that came their way. GOD never promises us an easy road (or cruise), just that HE will be with us all the way.
    I hope by now your that your carpet and feet are dry! Thank you for modeling a cheerful spirit in the midst of annoying circumstances.

    ReplyDelete