Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"I" hesitated for a~ {Moment?}

*GOD IS NOT A MAN , THAT HE SHOULD LIE, NOR A SON OF MAN , THAT HE SHOULD CHANGE HIS MIND. DOES HE SPEAK AND THEN NOT ACT? DOES HE PROMISE AND NOT FULFILL? {Numbers 23:19}
Hi! Ladies, Are you feeling Blessed?..... Well I am sharing with you the Belief that I personally know that I am blessed!! I do not have to stand on the street cornor and ask for food or money! I was leaving Walgreen's a couple of days ago and I was approached by a man; stating that he had been looking for a job all day and was really hungry; and asked could I give him money? I thought about it for a minute?.... and the scripture again hit me in the pit of my stomach.... about when you do it, you do it unto me......; so I told the man that if he would walk up to the McDonald's, which is located a very short distance from the Walgreen's store, I would be Happy to buy him something to eat! He said He would do that.... so away he went, I could see him turning and looking at my car, for I felt that he thought I was not going to the McDonald's. But by the time I got there he was walking in, as I approached him He said just get me what you want me to have, I said no~ you order whatever you want, so He did, I paid the Lady and went on my way with leaving Him with the words "God Bless You! He returned with the same words! Girls, because of my sons being Police Officers I have been lectured over and over not to give money, because probably 9 out of 10 cases they are wanting it to buy drugs or alcohol? So when I am approached in this way I just offer to buy them something to eat. {I have been turned down by some}; but anyway I have so had this on my Heart this morning that I just Praise God that I have never had to Stand on the Street and ask for money or food? As my Mother would say to this is that it is only "BY GOD'S GRACE."
*THE LORD DOES NOT LOOK AT THE THINGS MAN LOOKS AT. MAN LOOKS AT THE OUTWARD APPEARANCE, BUT THE LORD LOOKS AT THE HEART. {1st Samuel 16:7}

3 comments:

  1. What a powerful story. :) May the Lord bless this man in a very special way, and provide a job for him quickly. What a beautiful reflection of His glory you are, dear Kay. Job well done, dear sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, to actually buy them food is the only
    way to handle this situation. These poor
    people do go and buy drugs and alcohol
    with whatever you hand them outright.
    My nephew is a pastor and often ministers
    to the "street people". He says never
    just hand them money. I always thank the
    Lord that we have food, clothes, shelter.
    We should never take these gifts for
    granted.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings dear Kay, This is an important story. I learned the lesson years ago when I offered to buy groceries for a man panhandling but he said no he just wanted the money. I am so very thankful to my Father for always providing and meeting our needs-especially with this economy.
    He is the giver of rich gifts for us.
    Hugs today. Noreen

    ReplyDelete