Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In Sweet Memory & Making God Smile:)

Good Morning Ladies; Hope you all are up and preparing for a Day of Blessings! Just sharing with you that today would have been my Daddy's # "82" BIRTHDAY! Oh! the memories that have been flooding my soul~ this morning! I do miss him so. He passed from this life (will be 7yrs.) Dec.27. As I was driving home a few weeks after his death, a strong thought hit me that he often talked of a "Good Name", and that has stuck in my Heart and mind like glue! ,and I just know that at that moment this is what God gave me for comfort! My Dad talked about being Honest in all things. Listen to this thought on Honesty; {Honesty is the best policy, but it is not always the easiest policy. Sometimes the truth hurts, and sometimes, it's tough to be a person of integrity.... tough but essential}. So with that memory ever so etched in my mind, this is what we as Believers in Christ are to do.... we must seek to live each day with Discipline~ Honesty~ and FAITH. When we do, Integrity becomes a habit. AND GOD SMILES:)

* HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! {WD SKINNER}.
WE MISS YOU SO..... IN LOVING MEMORY~ Jessie, Kay, Al, & Linda !


*A GOOD NAME IS MORE DESIRABLE THAN GREAT RICHES~TO BE ESTEEMED IS BETTER THAN SILVER OR GOLD. Proverbs 22:1(NIV).

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daddy~ Sounds like a precious man of God.
    Blessings,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete